Cloud SpecialistApply Now
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cloud Specialist to join the team of a highly successful, well-known Irish Technology Group during an exciting time for the business. The Group continues to enjoy success in a challenging, highly competitive market, and is well positioned for future growth and development. The role is based in our Lisburn office. ActionPoint is a well-known and well-established Irish Technology Group, with its headquarters based in Limerick and with offices in Galway, Dublin, Cork, Lisburn and Los Angeles. Our mission is “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”.
Are you passionate about the Cloud? Want to work in a dynamic and growing environment? Do you want to work with leading edge technologies to solve customer problems? If so… we want to hear from you! We are a Microsoft Award Winner and are currently seeking applications from people like you to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Azure Practice and one of the fastest growing tech companies in Ireland.
- Work with stakeholders and team members gather technical requirements to architect solutions and execute on deliverables.
- Installation & configuration of complex IT infrastructure deployments
- Provide assessments and recommendations for internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- Provide ongoing support and optimisation of our customers environments.
- Learning and developing. Testing in labs and learning new features of Azure and how these features can be adapted for use by our customer.
- Use Microsoft Azure to deploy highly-available, scalable, and secure applications and infrastructure.
- Working with cloud platforms to drive organisational growth and opportunity.
- This is not an exhaustive list but a guide of the duties. Other ad-hoc duties/projects as required.
- Comply, maintain and promote information security in ActionPoint.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- 5 or more years of experience of infrastructure solution architecture.
- 3 or more years of experience building cloud architecture with Azure.
- 2 or more years of experience working with C# and PowerShell.
- Sound knowledge of Windows and network fundamentals.
- Understand the concepts of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration.
- Active Directory experience – install, configure and manage.
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 experience – install, configure and manage.
- MS Exchange experience – install, configure, manage and upgrade.
- MS SQL Server – installation and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Can multi-task and deliver to agreed project deadlines.
- Good organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Innovative problem solver.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- MCSA: Cloud Platform or MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure qualification.
- Solid experience with Azure Best Practices and DevOps concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise virtualisation software to include either VMware vCenter and ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Hands on experience of installation and setup of server hardware to include familiarity with the Dell product line.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise storage products, such as SAN, NAS, and supporting network connectivity.
- Solid network skills including TCP/IP, switching, routing, VLANs etc.
- Strong knowledge of internet technologies including DNS management, domain registration, MX record management, web servers, security etc.
- Backup/recovery technologies and strategy.