Senior Business AnalystApply Now
To pursue our mission of “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”, ActionPoint is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our software team in Limerick or Galway to support the successful delivery of projects to our customers.
This will be a key role within the BA Team working closely with the BA Manager, members of the BA Team, Lead Architect and Sales staff, to consult with potential customers in order to ascertain their business requirements for bespoke software solutions. It will also require working in a highly collaborative manner with our customers, Agile Project Managers, Technical Team Lead/Solutions Architects, Software Engineers and QA engineers.
As our BA, you will be responsible for working directly with our customers to define and document their requirements for bespoke software solutions on a variety of technology platforms including Web Applications, Cloud (primarily Microsoft Azure), Mobile, IoT & Augmented Reality. The documentation produced must be easily and clearly understood by both our customers and our delivery team. Our customers come from a wide range of business domains including pharma, agriculture, food, public sector, insurance, legal, education, manufacturing and many more.
The role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with many and varied projects and to advance their career within a successful and expanding bespoke software development organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging with our customers to explore and understand their business requirements and transform these into detailed functional specifications that can be delivered by our software team.
- Communicating and presenting complex technical and process dependencies to clients in a manner understandable by business users.
- Responsibility for process mapping, documentation of user roles, interface specifications and general software system structure.
- Creating wireframes, if required.
- Creating Product Backlogs in an Agile development environment.
- Participating in delivery team agile ceremonies including sprint meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming.
- Be the primary go-to person within the delivery team in relation to customer requirements.
- Performing user story decomposition, if required.
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories and reviewing with the team and Product Owner to ensure that stakeholder and Product Owner intent is effectively captured and developed.
- Ensuring solution requirements documentation is kept up to date for the duration of the project.
- Maintaining an awareness of development tools, techniques and technologies and carrying out project post-mortems to monitor and continuously improve the BA process.
- Working on client sites and accommodating travel as required by each project.
- Comply, maintain and promote information security in ActionPoint.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst working primarily in the software development industry.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- The role has a strong customer-facing element, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the Agile development methodology and its impact on how project requirements are managed.
- Experience creating software functional specifications and business process flows.
- Experience creating and managing product backlogs in an agile development environment.
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive enquiries or complaints from customers.
- Strong understanding of INVEST principles and how they apply to well-formed user stories.
- Good understanding of high-level software architectural concepts such as data-models, process flows and context diagrams, etc.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Participate in continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritise own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
- Previous Product Management or Product Owner experience would be an advantage.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be an advantage.