Software Engineer (.NET)Apply Now
To pursue our mission of “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”, we are looking for a developer to help us develop and deliver business critical projects for our customers using agile methodologies.
Reporting into one of our technical leads, this will be a hands-on software delivery role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. As a software engineer, you will primarily be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code. As this will involve close, daily interaction within the context of an agile team, your communication and people skills will need to be superb. If you are passionate about using best-in-class practices to produce high-quality code, then you are the right person for this job.
- Actively contribute to an agile mindset and a positive working environment within the team.
- Actively participate in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Actively contribute to high standards of code quality personally and within the team by utilising and contributing to best-in-class development practices and habits.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Actively participate in and contribute to your team’s continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to “getting things done”, accountability & ownership and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client’s web-based applications.
- Development of client application features with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Assisting with the production of solution design documentation in line with company standards.
- Participate actively and contribute to peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Adopt our code quality processes and ensure they are used when producing code.
- Perform 3rd line support diagnosing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
- Provide assistance to quality engineers and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot production issues.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Experience (2-5 years) with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns and SOLID principles.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization. Exposure to building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- Comply, maintain and promote information security in ActionPoint.