“As an ActionPoint customer since 2004, M.P.C.C. Credit Union has never looked back. Their support when moving to the cloud environment was beyond our expectations as was their expertise in network solutions. Their after-sales service and support has surpassed the others we’ve tried.
Conor Leahy C.E.O.
In 2005, MPCC sought and secured the services of ActionPoint. ActionPoint’s involvement with MPCC has been in 2 phases:
- ActionPoint’s first challenge was to get MPCC operating on a single centralised document management system stored and supported on a secure network.
ActionPoint supported the implementation of a (then modern) electronic document management system called Filestream, this helped MPCC’s management to run all their operations on a local network. This system worked well for MPCC and would act as the backbone of their Credit Union operation for many years until the decision to migrate to the cloud was made in 2013.
- In 2013, led by The IT Committee’s vision of a “Smarter” credit union, MPCC began the process of moving all of their operations and data to a secure cloud. The management team was also under pressure to modernise the workplace and improve productivity and mobility. They required a best in class back-office support system to support a modern credit union’s employees and customers. Another huge challenge MPCC was facing was the mounting expenses caused by a large paper footprint.
Finally and most importantly, any I.T solution that is introduced into a financial institution needs to comply with strict regulations. Credit unions are regulated by the Central Bank and an audit trail is required for all customer data and day to day transactions. Any solutions ActionPoint proposed would have to be compliant with these strict obligations.
To support a growing member base in multiple locations as well as continue to meet ever changing regulatory requirements, MPCC needed an IT partner to enable their expanding services. Working closely with MPCC ActionPoint designed, deployed and integrated IT platform using the best of breed partners to address MPCCs many needs including high security, better team productivity, continuous reliability and future scalability.
Embracing the Cloud Workplace
With a member base exceeding 10,000 and staff and directors totalling 20, spread across 3 locations, MPCC needed a modern secure and scalable front and back-office solution to keep everyone not only connected but also ensuring they were able to leverage the technology at their fingertips to be more productive. Microsoft Office 365 was rolled out to all staff which gave them access to the full range of productivity apps that Office 365 offers including Exchange Online, Skype for Business, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Microsoft Office 365 also enabled them to seamlessly collaborate securely and effectively across each office using Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups.
ActionPoint provided Dell laptops to all of MPCC’s directors, securing them with an Enterprise-Grade VPN and antivirus ensuring that the board could operate on the go while also being able to keep sensitive data secure. Mobile devices including iPhone and Android are part and parcel of a modern organisation and Office 365’s user friendly mobile apps mean MPCC’s directors can stay productive while on the go.
Business Continuity and Network Support
ActionPoint run monthly preventative maintenance (PM) routines to ensure that every aspect of MPCC’s technology infrastructure is fully operational and secure. The PM assesses both physical assets; Machines and Hardware and also the network to pinpoint any security vulnerability.
ActionPoint have around the clock helpdesk service to offer all of MPCC’s team the IT assistance they need to get them back up and running. As part of ActionPoint’s Helpdesk offering, MPCC have access to qualified engineers and a defined escalation path ensuring that they have the help they need when they need it.
MPCC’s Business has grown from an asset size in 2005 of €24 million heading toward €36m in 2018. MPCC now has over 10,000 members today. Since partnering with ActionPoint, MPCC has embarked on a journey to transform their business and the results have been very rewarding.
Previously they produced up to 15 Board packs for Meetings with more than 50 pages in each per month, now we produce only one hard copy. Other major improvements include:
- Complete auditability and traceability of all activities, in fact, Auditors have commented at the “reassuring” level of transparency on the ActionPoint architected network and the feedback in the monthly PMs.
- All committee minutes, meeting agendas and documentation are distributed electronically.
- A reliable network that has never been down (Traffic has nearly doubled since we installed this and still holds up).
- Directors now carry out their work electronically, collaborating and exchanging information through SharePoint
- Voluntary staff have the flexibility to work remotely
- Management has complete control over who can access what and can easily adjust permissions and passwords without the help of a Support Engineer
MPCC have turned a bricks and mortar business into a modern workplace. By adopting Office 365 and utilising ActionPoint’s Networking expertise, MPCC has been able to embrace Digital Transformation. With ActionPoint’s support, MPCC have the infrastructure to support their business for the next 20 years. Most importantly for Conor however, is the fact that less time spent on admin means more time spent with customers.
20 staff, 10,000 members
Helpdesk, Business Continuity, Network Support, Secure Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery ,
Infrastructure Audit, Office 365 rollout, Device Installation and Endpoint Security, Secure Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery ,